Why Choose Us?
Over the years, this country has built a vast network of motorways and, recently, increasing importance is being given to the construction of modern, high-speed rail links. All existing, improved or new transport corridors can inevitably lead to environmental concerns and these have a potential to cause adverse noise and vibration impact on local buildings and residents. This concern is recognised at a local and national level.
At Dr H S Sagoo – Acoustics, Noise & Vibration Consultants we offer high standard and professional noise and vibration surveys, noise reduction solutions, vibration assessment and more to our customers in Hampshire and the surrounding areas.
The Noise at Work Regulations apply to all workers and their employers in the UK. Every employer has to ensure that a competent person makes a noise assessment to identify which employees are exposed to noise levels beyond the First Action Level or higher. The noise assessment needs to be reviewed regularly.
What we do
We offer a wide-ranging consultancy service for environmental, transportation, housing and industrial developments and the built environment to include:
- Environmental impact assessment of noise and groundborne vibration resulting from construction and demolition works in accordance with guidelines contained in British Standards, e.g. BS5228, PPG24, BS9142
- Recommendation and assessment of ameliorative measures
- Assess the risk to building damage and public annoyance due to groundborne vibration in accordance with national standards and calculation guidelines, i.e. BS6472, BS7385
- Assess the risk of occupational hearing damage and exposure to vibration in the workplace, i.e. hand-arm and whole-body, in accordance with HSWA and EU Directives
- Desktop evaluation of potential noise and vibration issues and barrier optimisation at an early stage
- Undertaking both baseline/background and source specific noise surveys, e.g. noise from generators and compressors
- Undertake short-term and long-term noise or ground-borne vibration monitoring surveys, manned or unmanned, during site start-up and/or throughout the works contract
- Use of modern, state of the art equipment and methods for cost-effective solutions
- Preparation of proof of evidence and representation at public inquiry and land tribunal hearings
- Assessment of eligibility for Noise Insulation regulations: Reg. 3 for traffic noise and Reg. 5 for construction noise
- Independent audit of computer noise prediction models, particularly WS Atkins Noise Map 2000 suite
- Preparation of proof of evidence and representation at public inquiries and land tribunal hearings
- Assessment of eligibility under Noise Insulation Regulations and assessment of appeals
- Independent audit of computer noise prediction models, particularly WS Atkins Noise Map